Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Who is the most hated housewife?

Donations Accepted -

If you enjoy our content please donate so we can continue to spend time bringing you all the info. on the housewives and their families. We spend approximately 2 hours a day researching and updating our RHOC blog. Thank you!

Who is your favorite housewife?

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kimberly Bryant's Cancer Scare - -


From WebMD - -

(For those of you who did not see Season 1. This is Kimberly Bryant who moved out of SoCal after season one due to cancer scares. Following is an interview she did prior to leaving)

Reality T.V. Star Becomes Melanoma Patient

TV star Kimberly Bryant's wake-up call came when her doctor found and removed a malignant mole.
Orange County, you faced a serious health threat. What happened?


My doctor found a malignant mole -- a shallow melanoma in early stages -- on my thigh, a few inches above my knee. I've faced skin cancer before, but I never intended to share this "reality" on the show. Now, I'm glad I did. Since the show has aired, several people have told me they've gotten their skin checked because of me -- and it thrills me to hear it.

When were you first diagnosed with skin cancer?

At age 27 -- 17 years ago. I went in for acne treatments and my doctor gasped. He removed 22 moles from my body. He tested them all, and one came back malignant.

Were you a sun worshipper when you were young?

I got a tremendous amount of sun exposure as a child. All the damage was done before I was 25.

You write on your Bravo blog that you had an eye sewn shut for two months after half of your lower eyelid was removed due to skin cancer. Tell us about this experience.

I had a tiny tumor near my tear duct. It was not malignant, but I still tell everyone: Wear sunglasses! Make sure your children wear sunglasses! Protect your eyes!

How much has changed in the last two decades, in terms of prevention and treatment of skin cancers?

Not enough. It will take someone like Brad Pitt getting melanoma to get the kind of funding needed to get the research done that this cancer needs.

Any advice for other mothers trying to keep their families safe from UV rays?

When my kids were little, it wasn't hard keeping them covered up. Now they want to be at the beach with their friends -- and not look dorky in long sleeves. But there are companies that make cute clothes that have sunscreen built into the fabrics. Also, be creative. Don't tell your teenager she can't go to the beach. Instead, plan an indoor activity for her and her friends -- like going to a cool sushi bar or a museum -- then take them to the beach after 4 p.m. Watch the sunset together.

Since facing cancer, do you view your life or relationships differently?

Completely. Yes, plan for the future. But enjoy the moment. Share your feelings for someone right now. Take more risks. Have a sense of adventure.

How do you feel about aging?

I like it. I am more confident in my 40s than I was in my 20s. I've got a great husband, great kids; I'm more direct. And physically? Well, I do look at my skin and wish I didn't get so much sun.

Health Benefits Direct

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HYSTERICAL! Too bad they move out of Coto because her husband got into a fist fight with a woman at a bar and he then had to face battery charges!! They moved because of that...not because of sun exposure! HA

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberly,


Is it possible to contact you by email? I'm Sanne from Holland and my sister-in-law has discovered 2 melanomes. She is very afraid. I told her about the "real housewives" programme where you mentioned your melanomes.(It was here on tv two months ago)
It's a very good thing that she heared that there is somebody who still lives after 17 years.
She can take medicines for it, but she is afraid for the side effects.
I don't know if the ideas in America are different from here.
Do you have a site where i can leave my emailadress of fanmailsite?

Thank you very much!

With love Sanne

Anonymous said...

fist or not thanks for starting the fight for skin cancer awareness:)

Anonymous said...

Actually it's not hilarious, it's cancer. Besides, who cares what her husband did? Maybe you should look at yourself rather than judging others and being spiteful.
Thanks for sharing your story Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

I always looked up to Kimberly for her outlook on life, so when I got my first melanoma (at age 18) I fell right into stride with her positivity. It's great to have a role model like her to show life after diagnosis is just as great as before!