Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Who is the most hated housewife?

Donations Accepted -

If you enjoy our content please donate so we can continue to spend time bringing you all the info. on the housewives and their families. We spend approximately 2 hours a day researching and updating our RHOC blog. Thank you!

Who is your favorite housewife?

Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't be swayed by the fairytale wedding of George and Lauri -- -

From the OC Register -

(Here is the real 'reality' that took place in their lives over the past year. Not exactly as they try to appear on the show. But court records don't lie. Happy reading!!)

The skirmishing among the "Housewives' " Lauri Waring, her son, Josh, her boyfriend, developer George Peterson, and Peterson's ex-wife, Gina, erupted into full-scale war this week.

First, a short backgrounder. Two of my recent columns related that: Lauri threw Josh out of the house for alleged partying; Josh went to live with Gina, infuriating Lauri; Josh believes Lauri exploited him for purposes of the show; Lauri says Josh lied about not having drugs and alcohol in the home; a couple of my sources have offered Josh jobs and/or money for college; I gave Josh some of my old clothes.

I wrote those columns because Josh called me, and I've always thought the kid was getting used. I'm writing this column because I like to expose bullies. It's one thing to divorce; it's another to subject your ex to continuing mental torture. I've left questions for George with two of his attorneys, but haven't gotten a call back.

Now, the latest. Since my columns about Lauri and Josh, the following have occurred: George has taken legal steps to have Josh booted from the Laguna Niguel home George co-owns with Gina; to have Gina booted while he's trying to sell it (as part of their divorce); and to require Gina and their teenage son, Slayte, preserve all of their computer files, voice mail and email in which the divorce proceedings have been referenced. Sounds like a prelude to further legal action and/or simple intimidation.

Too bad Georgecan't access my computer and voice mail. He'd go crazy. But I will say that I heard from his company's secretary who he took for a girlfriend in between Gina and Lauri. She and Gina are now allies, which is stunning enough. I'm also aware of a lawsuit George filed against her to get back the ring he gave her before he dumped her for Lauri – a six-carat VS1 diamond valued at $200,000. Oh, and Gina's mother – the grandmother of the four children George and Gina have together – has weighed in. She's concerned that those kids "are just as threatened and in jeopardy as Josh" because of the anxiety caused by all the litigation George has brought.

Furthermore, message boards linked to the online version of my columns have been rife with charges and counter charges, some of which appears to come from members of the warring sides using pseudonyms. (There's some hilarious stuff too, like: "Hey, Georgie, Billy Ray Cyruscalled – he wants his haircut back.")

On Lauri's side, I heard from co-Housewife Jeana Keough, who for a fleeting moment made me feel guilty by imploring me to "give (Lauri) a break during this difficult time. … Be thankful you aren't walking in her Jimmy Chooshoes. … Tough love gets tougher when others supply your child with drugs and cars."

She lost me at "Jimmy Choo."

All of this gets to one of the big beefs I have with the T.V. show – the notion it portrays "reality." Read the online comments. Consider the ongoing litigation. Consider that former "Housewives" husband Scott Bryantstill faces a battery charge. You wanted reality. This is reality

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there is just so much more that no one really knows unless you have been close up and personal with these people. As far as the L. Waring/Peterson $6,000 necklace . . . don't worry about that cost because it was not a cost . . . they are all cubic zirconias. And as far as all of the "real" jewelry she wears, it is all borrowed from a jeweler in Ladera Ranch, then returned. They only want people to believe they have bought it. Check it out. Call the Ladera Ranch jeweler. Even the necklace and earrings and bracelet that Ms. Peterson wore in her wedding were all borrowed. So what's that about buying some expensive necklace from the mall for her wedding. Never happened, just made to look like it happened. That box they opened with that necklace in it sure doesn't look like the one in her wedding pictures. The one she "borrowed" as well as everything else was much larger and completely different. The watches they wear are fakes from New York, and on and on and on. Oh, there is so much more. These people are all so miserable. I would like to see some husband tell me that my son could not come into my house, or call my son names like he does. It's not the kid who is messed up, it is the mother. Just get me started.

Unknown said...

This post brought back many memories from those older seasons of the reality television series. So much has changed since then with many old casts leaving and new ones having joined the show. I used to love the show before but don’t follow it much now. I did manage to meet Lauri Waring earlier this year at a party that I was attending at one of the famous event venues Chicago.

Unknown said...

Sounds like u r the miserable one.